There’s no better way of unwinding with friends after work. And one of the surefire ways of having a good time with your peers and co-workers is by joining a trivia night at bars. Truly, this activity is an awesome way of socializing while testing your wits against other participants.
And if you’re planning on having this kind of evening with your friends in San Francisco, then this article is for you!
Read more as we are going to tackle this topic about the best trivia night near me: places to enjoy in the Golden Gate City.
Participating In Pub Quizzes And Why Should We Do It
Before we proceed into the main topic, we have to look at some of the reasons for participating in trivia nights and why you need to do it.
1. Camaraderie And Company – A pub quiz is a great way to make new friends as you enjoy the night away with your peers. Most people who have attended a trivia night have been able to tell you that it is a lot of fun. You and your friends can talk about the games, tell stories, and converse about anything. So it’s a great way to get to know each other and enjoy yourself with the old and new company.
2. A Good Time To “Chill & Cool Off” – Real life gets in the way when you have a lot to do. You probably need to work a lot or take care of a few things while you are at school or work. And at times, you may find yourself asking ‘where is the best trivia night near me?’ to escape from the confines and challenges of your daily grind in a huge city like San Francisco.
Taking part in pub quizzes gives you a chance to sit back, relax, and laugh at the wrong answers while learning something at the same time.
3. Friendly Competition – Joining a trivia game while enjoying the drinks with friends is an excellent way to unleash your competitive side and showcase your wits to other people. Likewise, it’s a good way to impress your partner and friends by sharing your knowledge with general, academic, and industry-specific topics that most people rarely know about.
4. Bonding Time With Loved Ones And Working Together For The Correct Answers – Sometimes having a fun experience with friends and family is important. There is nothing like talking about a particular topic and seeing someone come up with an answer that all of you could not have thought of on your own. That is what makes a good night of trivia. Even if it’s a game that you may be familiar with, the fact that you all had fun participating in it should be enough to make it worthwhile.
5. Gives You A Chance To Be A Part Of Your Community – And lastly, just being able to share something with others creates a bond with your community. Also, connecting with your fellow locals in a densely populated city is actually a really positive thing for your mental health and the development of your social interaction.
Not only can you enjoy the time you spend together, but you will also be healthier in general as you will be less stressed out by other people, especially in your workplace.
Places Where You Can Take Part In The Best Trivia Nights In San Francisco
If you are wondering about the ‘best trivia nights near me’, then here are the 5 pubs, bars, and taverns that we can recommend for you to visit:
1. The Bitter End (441 Clement St. San Francisco, CA 94118) – This bar is located at the center of 6th and Clement neighborhood and is known to host awesome weekly quiz nights in this area of the city.
The Bitter End is created as an ultimate hang out place where friends and family can enjoy great pub food and drinks and participate in an evening of testing wits. And it’s known to be a mother-friendly place as co-workers are occasionally usually seen here with their babies in strollers.
2. Blackthorn Tavern (834 Irving St., San Francisco, CA 94122) – The Black Tavern Sports Bar and Lounge takes pride in being the best Irish pub in the city for 3 years (2015, 2016, 2018). With ample flatscreen TVs, log cabin walls, and laid back atmosphere, the Blackthorn Tavern also presents karaoke, live music, dart competitions, and DJ nights aside from their weekly trivia quiz nights, which is challenging enough for the casual crowd.
3. The Pig And Whistle (2801 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118) – This hangout place is the 6th best trivia place in the Foursquare website. And their food choices range from the scrumptious steak, mouthwatering shepherd and mushroom pies, sausage rolls, bangers, and more.
And people love visiting the Pig and Whistle because all their menu items are affordable.
The fun trivia night happens every Wednesday and they also hold other events on a weekly basis.
4. Hi Tops (2247 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94114) – This bar is the place to be if you want to relax without having to be stereotyped with your sexuality. High Tops is popular for having a mellow vibe so that everybody can relax and have a good time. And their menu includes delicious foods like corn dogs, wings, and nachos. Their specialty cocktails and drinks are also very popular among the locals as well.
The trivia night at Hi Tops is held every Tuesdays. Aside from that, they also host bingo events on Wednesdays and their exciting gym class during Thursdays. So if you’re looking for a gay bar to visit with your friends, then just head to Market Street between 16th and Sanchez.
5. The Sycamore (2140 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94110) – And the last entry on this list is a lively gastropub at Mission District, The Sycamore. This place is known for its neighborhood feel, stellar brunch selections, bottomless mimosas, and their random jukebox.
The way we see it, this is the perfect spot where you and your friends can grab a glass of beer after work and have fun at their quiz night every Monday of the week if you reside in the Mission District.
And there you have it! We hope you enjoy this write-up on the best trivia night near me: places to enjoy in the Golden Gate City.