As always, Windows 10 had a variety of ways to access the settings menu for various devices on your Windows 10 PC or laptop, and the webcam settings are no different from the rest.
Luckily, below is a very simple guide on how we can access the webcam settings and from there configure everything we need.
First of all, we need to know if our webcam is working properly. If it’s a hardware issue, you will need to call your webcam or PC manufacturer to fix the problem, or send you a new webcam.
Even so, it is a good idea to check the webcam cables and make sure they are plugged in.
After receiving several requests about Windows being unable to select a specific camera, we decided to investigate the problem and suggest several workarounds that might help solve this problem. Some of these methods are listed below.
Disconnecting another camera
There is no easy way to set the default camera in Windows 10. The best solution is to disable all cameras http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-change-default-camera-on-windows-10/ except one and force applications (like the LockDown browser) to use the remaining camera. activated.
1) Press “Windows” + “S” to open the search option and type “Device Manager”. Click the link that appears.
2) In Device Manager, scroll down and find Imaging Devices. Expand the dropdown and you should see a list of cameras. Right-click on the name of the camera you want to disable and select Disable Device.
If necessary, you can easily re-activate the camera later by following the steps above. Instead, select “Activate Device”.
Select the default driver
Another common way to fix this problem is to set the device as default. This allows you to configure Windows to open a third-party camera instead of the default internal camera. Do it:
- Press Windows + S to open the search option and go to Control Panel.
- Select the first option and under Hardware and Sound, click View devices and printers.
- Check if the webcam is listed there.
- If so, right-click your webcam and select Make this device the default device.
- Check if the problem persists.